Followers

October 25, 2011

Change

Ever get so frustrated that you just don't know where to turn?  

Lets talk about Change you know the kind in your pocket. NOT


Definition pulled from Beliefnet.com


Change. It happens every day, every moment, everywhere. To live fully we must learn to embrace change and honor it, even when change arrives with companions, Fear and Uncertainty.
These quotes about preparing for and embracing  change will help you to see how very natural it is.
Life is about evolving and actively creating change, as well as learning how to go with the flow when inevitable change comes our way. Be inspired and motivated by these helpful quotes about change and transformation.

"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy, for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter into another."
- Anatole France

"Become a student of change. It is the only thing that will remain constant."
- Anthony D'Angelo'

"We must learn to view change as a natural phenomenon - to anticipate it and to plan for it. The future is ours to channel in the direction we want to go... we must continually ask ourselves, 'What will happen if...?' or better still, 'How can we make it happen?' "
- Lisa Taylor



"If we can recognize that change and uncertainty are basic principles, we can greet the future and the transformation we are undergoing with the understanding that we do not know enough to be pessimistic."
- Hazel Henderson

"When patterns are broken, new worlds emerge."
- Tuli Kupferberg

"In every crisis there is a message. Crises are nature's way of forcing change, breaking down old structures, shaking loose negative habits so that something new and better can take their place."
- Susan Taylor

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us."
- Helen Keller

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."
- Reinhold Niebuhr

"When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves."
- Victor Frankl


"If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies."
- Author Unknown

"Change has long been a fearful thing for human beings ... and at the same time, it is our most Divine opportunity. Clinging to the banks of the river may seem safe and more secure, but life's possibilities are truly engaged only when we trust, release and become part of The Flow of the Universe."
- Chelle Thompson, Editor of Inspiration Line

"If we don't change, we don't grow. If we don't grow, we are not really living."
- Gail Sheehy

My favorite one .. Gail Sheehy,   Its about Growth,  I want growth in our Church but I am afraid that the "old" is winning out,  I hate and hate is a strong word but I hate hearing well this is how it has always been done.  

Well its not working.   I want the Change I want the sacrifice of the people to accept that their is a reason and a need for Change and I want it to happen and want it to be now.  

I know that God is pulling on my strings about things I can feel them.  The fact that our service is small. I get it.  But how do we grow if we don't feed the people?    Feed them spiritually and feed them locally?   yes I agree it was so cool this week to see the neighborhood come together for the Fall Carnival at our church and I agree some came for a free meal,  But their were some who came because they wanted to see what we were about.   Were we selfish in saying this is our building or were we Alive?   I want to say we were alive but I also want flexibility.  I want representation in the church I want to feel welcome not always told NO ...  you can't do that or NO you can't do this or NO we can't do this because it might upset someone.   I want to be alive I want to be free and I want to have the Change happen. I want to reach people and I want them to be alive in Christ and if it means that I go against the grain over and over again about Growth and being strong in my faith I will.  I want my Church my home to be just that a Church and home that is welcoming to all people and all walks.  I want my church and my home to reach the people who are "unchurched" but mostly who don't know Jesus like I know Jesus.  I want my friends and family to reach out and hear that God is speaking to them and pulling on their heart strings.   I simply WANT CHANGE.   

So I sit and wait.  Thursday I will go and schedule a meeting with the Pastor to talk about Change to talk about what I feel and how I can see it happening in our Church and I want to see the service grow. I want to be able to freely raise my hands and praise my god with others who are there to hear and believe in what I believe in and I want to most importantly SHARE Jesus with others.  Which means if I invite them to Church and say come and try it out.   That we do it.. we go forth and spread the seeds and plant a crop of good wheat. and we grow our Church.    

Sorry for the long wind but I needed to express it out and get it out... Our church is a great church but it needs to start flexing before we are leaving the seeds behind and they grow like weeds instead of wheat.   

Prayers Christy 










No comments:

Post a Comment