Followers

October 14, 2011

Friendships

Wow God you really are laying it all out there.. cleaning out my closets so to speak brought back some memories.  I found these in it..  Parachute pants purple ones and they don't fit anymore but I remember when they did the fun times I had with Friends, Friends of past.  Friends that I honestly forgot about til I picked up the pants and held them in my hands, and for some reason I smelled them.  Weird I know but I did.   and the smell of memories flooded.  Times when I was riding along free and no worries I was 15 to 18 years old no cares in the world except what mom was cooking for dinner or better yet.  What boy I was going to like.   Oh the memories.   Then it hit me.. Does God remember what I did then?   WOW.   was I kind of dumb.  or young.   So i dug a little deeper in the closet and found this.


Fast forward to 1993-1995 when I was carrying both of my kids.  WOW the memories of that flood back the movement I felt in my womb was amazing the thought that at this point I had accepted God as my Savior, and that he had woven the threads together to create a human being my daughter and my son.  WOW.  Imagine the surprise I have gotten all of these years.   and its so amazing to watch them discover Christ as well.

Digging in deeper I pulled out this..  

Not one but 8 different bibles where God walked with me from King James to the Good News to the NIV version I have them all yearly devotional bibles, ones that pages are marked, torn and worn, ones that have bookmarks and such and I looked down and thought wow these Bibles have been with me thru good times and bad.

Then I decided to pause for a minute and wonder what else would i find buried deep with in that closet so I sat and thought then prayed God is their a message here that you are trying to tell me.  so I listened.   took the time to listen and God said to me " Child, history is written to be explored open the book and read it to find the lesson of life and what it is that I want of you"  So I sat shaking,  God has never been so clear as that moment in life and I sat there.. one of the bibles was warmer than the others I held it up to my chest and then looked at it.   just looked at it and slowly opened it to where an old bookmark had been placed and I found this scripture highlighted.. From YEARS ago ( probably 1988) and this is what it said.

Psalms 46 1
God is our shelter and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. So we will not be afraid, even if the earth is shaken and the mountains fall into the oceans depths;  even if the seas roar and rage, and the hills are shaken by the violence.  There is a river that brings Joy to the city of God,  to the sacred house of Most High,  God is in that city and it will never be destroyed;  at early dawn he will come to its aid .  Nations terrified, kingdoms are shaken; God thunders and the earth dissolves.
The Lord Almighty is with us;  the God of Jacob is our refuge.  Come and see what the Lord has done.  See what amazing things he has done on earth.  He stops wars all over the world.  he breaks bows, destroys spears, and sets shields on fire.  Stop fighting he says and know that I am god supreme among the nations and Supreme over the world.  

Wow.. is that powerful or what.. How long have I sat and said God what is my purpose in life.  God what is it that you want me to do?   God are you listening to me?  and poof he answered and answered strong today.   WOW.  

So I sit here in the closet * yes i am in the closet * with a tear running down my cheek I love when god is so powerful.   and I dig a little further and what did I find but this..


inside is a pink sleeper that I wore when I was a kid, that Caitlin wore when she was a baby and it will be passed down to the next generation.. amazing to think how history keeps coming back.. Family is important.  Keep them close and know that God's family is just as important.  my prayers is that you can resolve your family issues as I try to resolve mine and forgive those who have caused a war in your life.   Its hard but doable.   Prayers my friends.  


No comments:

Post a Comment