Followers

September 25, 2011

Day 7 - Love this day

Thank God because he's good, because his love never quits.  Tell the world, Israel, "His love never quits."  And you, clan of Aaron, tell the world, "His love never quits."  And you who fear GOD, join in, "His Love NEVER quits."  Psalm 118:1  The Message

Think about it ...   Love the word is so strong so much meaning and to know that ...  God's love never quits is pretty amazing.  I sit here today and ponder about that never ending love.  The love of one spirit loving all of us.  Black, White, Tan, Orange, Blue, Purple, Pink etc.. you get the point no matter who you are tall, short, Skinny or fat.  God Loves you.

This last week a journey has begun in my heart,  No question has ever been raised about God's Love for me. I know it exists,  I am so thankful for that Love that he gives me.  I look back over the week and think God this Journey I am taking is it to draw closer to you?  Is it to show that my spiritual gifts are their for me to recognize?   I was invited to be a part of the Grace House here in Hillsboro.  The Grace house is just that a house of Grace.  Given to people who are "homeless" to live in and be cared for thru our prayers and peace.  The people who stay here typically have just "moved out" of the Homeless shelter and need a transition home,  a normal house with a kitchen, living, dining, and a room to rest in.  The house shelters the residents be it a single family,  a single person a couple, a single dad, a single mom til they can get on their feet.  The residents who live there are blessed to have shelter.  I look back in the times when I was moving around and Shelter was never an issue but could you imagine if you had no roof, no room, no lights, no running water, no heat?  What would you do?  Could you survive? Would you survive?  I think I could, would and should based on the faith that I have in God's never ending Love.

Just take a moment to listen to this song.  The song of Faith for me.. of God's house but also of the Grace House.  

  Regardless of where he is in your life right now be it tucked in your back pocket, living and thriving in your mind or resting in your heart.  God's Love is never ending its is ever faithful and he loves each of us in his own way.  Ask him tonight when you pray.  God was their ever a time when you were not there for me.  And I can imagine he will answer with this....


Footprints
One night a man had a dream. He dreamed He was walking along the beach with the LORD. Across the sky flashed scenes from His life. For each scene He noticed two sets of footprints in the sand. One belonging to Him and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of His life flashed before Him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand. He noticed that many times along the path of His life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times of His life.

This really bothered Him and He questioned the LORD about it. LORD you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me.

The LORD replied, my precious, precious child, I Love you and I would never leave you! During your times of trial and suffering when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

Carolyn Carty, 1963

Look back over your life when things were hard, rough or tough.  When you thought you could never go on and then read this.. God carried you thru this storm and he will carry you thru the next storm.  Imagine if you will a warmth in your heart that is so large that it fills you a radiance that shines for you.  

Now as you listen to this.. Pray to God let your light shine and let it shine bright never let it dull and go forth and spread the word of the gospel and Let God be your light.  His Love is NEVER ending.  

Lord as I close this evening I pray for my friends,  I pray for their light to shine regardless of how dim or bright it may be.  God I ask that you go in and make their light a little brighter by reminding them that your Love is never ending I also thank you for the peace you bring to my family, The peace you bring to my Spouse and the peace you bring to my Brothers and sisters in Christ.  Remember God you are the light in my life and I am so glad the Flame has not been released.  Praises be to you Lord and all of God's people said..... This little light of mine ..  Praises to him.. Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment