Followers

September 21, 2011

Day 5 - Midnight snack

He [God] himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you with out support.  [I will] not, [I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let [you] down (relax My hold on you)! [Assuredly not!]  Hebrews 13:5  AMP

Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."  Hebrews 13:5 NIV 

Wow lets look at this for a moment,   Today I had a friend message me on facebook, *D* D is sad, she feels abandoned by her family, her spouse and her children, she is overwhelmed and heartbroken.  She feels like God has left her.  But yet I read this today in our study and think He has not left you.. he is just waiting for you to open your ears to hear him.

Money is mentioned in the NIV version,  Money is something that drives our economy but just imagine if tomorrow when you woke up it would not be a Paper or coin that told your value but the service and deeds that you do that determine your value.   Imagine that tomorrow when you awaken from your slumber you log into your bank and replaced is an amount of $1,000,000.00 with a note from God saying Thanks for being a good and faithful servant.  What would you do with those funds?  what would you do with that money?  Imagine that it was yours would you Keep it buy a new car, house, furnish your lifestyle go to a remote island in the south pacific drink it away on 50 dollar glasses of pineapple juice?  Or would you invest it in the lives of others, Fund for example Water research in the Sahara desert to ensure the people of Africa can drink the water and be safe?  Build a school or more than one for Women to get an education in Afghanistan and feel the presence of kindness of strangers?  Find a neighbor who is down on their luck and bless them with a gift of a house to live in to keep them warm in the upcoming winter.  Go shopping for a local food bank so much so that you could feed the entire city of Chicago for weeks?  Imagine the impact that would have.

In our Sunday School class we are reading Max Lucado's book Out Live your Life.   K and I are also taking Dave Ramsey's Class to be Debt Free, a concept we only dream of.  but we are getting there.

IN Daves Class he says to Live like no one else so you can LIVE like no one else.   read it again...   Do you hear it.. We are choosing to live like this so that in a few years we can LIVE like we want..   In the book we are studying in class its about Helping others.. Dreams ...  when asked what you would do with a million dollars the thoughts come to mind of orphans in this country who need a MOM and DAD who care for them as their own.  A life that they could never have.  Its pretty amazing to think that a majority of the Foster kids in our own county live right now ... out of a Black Trash Bag because they don't even have a suit case to move from house to house.  But would it not be cool to take the ones that are up for adoption right now that feel like God has abandoned them and give them teh love that they need.   As I sit here today typing this out.. I do think that I will start praying for a journey that God is going to take me on.  It will be interesting to see where we are in 90 days. I pray that God Takes control and blesses us in ways we have no idea.  And I pray that God takes control of your life and blesses you in ways you don't know.

So todays step from the journal part is to:

Write down a time when you know God was there for you.  And then lift your Hands (really)  and thank God that being there is who HE is.  Thank HIM for always being the GOD who is always present.

And be sure of this:  I am with you always, even to the end of age.  Matthew 28:20

God I know you were with me on August 4th 1999 when my life was crashing around me. My marriage was falling apart and you spoke to me that night.  Said leave it all and go to your spouse.   one month later I arrived in Singapore with 2 kids in tow scared, alone and abandoned as every force around me was screaming your making a mistake,  We trusted you sold everything we owned and moved.  We started over fresh with you in our lives.  Prayer became a part of our marriage as well as being 1 instead of 2 people in the relationship.  I am so very thankful that that night in a church in Pineville La at an all night women's bible study you picked me out and spoke so clearly to me.   I am also thankful that at the same time you were doing that you were also speaking and healing my K's heart.  you allowed us to heal our marriage thru you you listened when no one else did and you allowed me to feel your hand guide me in ways no one can describe so God I thank you that you were there for me and I give it all to you .. in praise that you are the powerful God who can heal and mend all.   For you are the God that I know and trust.   with love..   Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment