Followers

September 19, 2011

Day 2 - Brunch - Well do God at Brunch.

Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray.  Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns.  Before you know it a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down.  Its wonderful when what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.   Philippians 4:6-7 The Message 


Daily Step :
 On a sheet of paper, write down something you are worrying about.  Now take that paper and hold it up as if you are offering it to God, and say something like this" I let go of this worry, Father, trusting that You will take care of it"  Now throw that piece of paper in the trash.  And don't take it out!!! You have given your worry to your Father and he is more than capable of handling it.

So now i sit at an empty dining room table I picked up and typed out a page of worry.  God said one word  and I typed a page.

I worry about my son's health all the time ( its an obsession but a necessary obsession,  but I am giving that to God today.)
I worry about the future of my daughter ( she is making decisions now that do affect everything in life.  I am so proud of who she has become but want to protect her. )
I worry about my husband,  ( he is the man of my dreams I worry sometimes that I am not good enough for him,  that I lack that ability anymore to please him in the way he wants to be pleased,  Not sexually but personally sometimes it feels as if we grow apart, but we don't we just grow stronger but its so hard to believe that indeed he will be here forever. )  I think I feel this because in the last year we have lost 4 of our great friends over time to Cancer, Heart Attacks, and unknown causes.  4 friends gone, 4 friends who were our rocks in life.  each was a pebble that was placed in our mind and grew into a rock.
I worry about my friends the ones that I have just made that when they see the true me thru the next 90 days that they will be the true friend I need.   I also want to be that true friend that they need.

 I worry a lot it seems like every day is a worry,  a fear ( whoops we talked of that yesterday)  but maybe its time to let God know that I am just a worrier.   A person who worries and I need to be a person that praises,  A good outer shell that cracks and opens up a wounded heart.  A heart that has been hurt lots of times but different things but God encased the hurt to be dealt with at a later time.   I often wonder at times when people really get to know the REAL me. if they will accept me.  Its weird I was raised in a military family, married a military man, and raised my kids in a military life.  Until we retired in 2006.  However my body does not stop moving.  I constantly seek the where to NEXT GOD?  moments.  Since becoming a Christian I have lived in over 18 different places and that is only over 29 years .... whew..   Lets just say I don't worry about moving. That is one thing I can handle.  But I do worry about staying.

So I guess that is it the Staying part is the part I worry about.  Staying still and listening to what God has planned for me and for us.   Staying still so much that I can hear him speak clearly.  Maybe that is what this journey will do for me allow me to put down the roots of the plant the strong healthy roots and plant a harvest of Wheat and attempt to not be a weed.  ( thanks to our pastor for that thought, I really was listening).  I think about it and each day their are people in your life who are weeds.  Who will cause you to worry about things. My goal is to pull up those weeds in my life and replace them with strong roots and wheat.   A unique analogy seeing as how I now live in John Deer Tractor town :) hehe...

So today as I close.. I am giving God the Worry,  I took a piece of paper and typed it all out the worries.. in small print. I have alot lol...   and crumpled it up and said GOD this one is for you..  Kind of like a toast.   So God this one is for you,  I pray that my friends feel the prayers that are said for them today from health issues to finance issues that they feel the guidance of God.  From relationship issues to the everyday life of getting up out of bed they feel the guidance of God.  I also pray that those of you who stumble upon here can dismiss your worries.. It will be a battle but its one I am longing for.  A Battle that is worth the fight to be a stronger God Chick.  Are you ready for that journey?

No comments:

Post a Comment