Followers

January 3, 2013

Friendship

Today I sat and thought about Friends,  The ones I have here in Cyber space and the real ones that are tangible by feel touch and sight.  I sat and thought about what it means to be a friend,   where friends come from and then I sat and thought about Jesus and the 12 disciples.   He knew one would betray him he knew 11 would follow but why would he keep the one who betrayed him so close.

Often times I think of friends as season's and yes I can see every one of you wondering what season are you in in my life?   Well you see every one of us has fallen out of touch for years, decades and maybe what we would consider century's.   We reach out and touch each other occasionally and then you find those ones that make your heart flutter with excitement.   I am not talking about your "soul mate" but your "friend mate"  .

 Lets think about it.   Friend mate seems odd but its true its those friends that you can be apart from for Years ( and I mean years ) and never talk to them,   but yet you see a comment on their wall on facebook,  you see a statement they make and you connect.  You see I have those Friend Mates in my life right now.  Do I think they will be there forever?   Nope, why you ask yourself is it something you did something you said something that happened.

 Nope its not its God's Season's   I firmly believe he places me in lives of people that I would avoid.  I would run away from I would just "shun"  to friend.   Its weird but I never ever imagined that paths of some of you out there would ever cross other than in Cyber space,  then on a whim I start talking and poof some one shows up to visit with me from a distance they drive over or pop online and say what are you doing this weekend I really want to meet you in person.   its odd but its so amazing to think that this world is so small that in a blink of an eye those friends could be gone.  

Today is one of those days where three women became friends  J, T and C.   All three did not have a common bond til that fateful day 3 years ago when an unfortunate thing happened and all three of their spouses were killed in the line of duty in Afghanistan.   All three were single mom's with young children all three had in one second, one blink of an eye, one brief moment of breath their lives changed.    Often times we never hear the what happens after effects but all three of these are friends of mine T & C coped differently and went their own ways,   I still follow them online and their blogs but we rarely talk.  but J and I have developed a close relationship so much that I often at night cry for her pain that she feels so that she can feel the comfort of love that we all have for her.    J remarried shortly after her husband passed to M.  M is a wonderful man and was saved by her spouse J and T's spouse B.  Both were killed in seconds but M lived.   It was amazing to watch God work in the lives of these two.  Placed together by a fateful day but forever remembered in their hearts.   So today I dedicate this blog to Josh Lengstorf, Bradley Smith, and Sgt Bowman.  and in living I also dedicate this to Michael Malarsie who is a hero in my eyes.   However the women left behind by this fateful day will forever be bound as friends by one thing one breath one second one action.    Please take a moment to look at this card I created,  I am also entering this in a competition for a blog called Tsunami Rose  They asked us to create anything that Goes.  Well today this is what goes.




I used basic craft paper card stock for the card base,  Paper is from We R Memory Keepers 4 x 6 memory pad  Anthologie,   Flowers are from Memory Works Simple Stories line,   and Stamp is unknown.   Enjoy this card and enjoy the meaning behind it.  

With many blessings and many thoughts today I wish you and yours the best.  Cherish those Friends and Friendships and cherish the times we have together.  Thanks for being here today.

3 comments:

  1. It truly is amazing how people come in our life. I'm so sorry for the lose of your friends but thrilled that you still have such a great friend.

    God Bless,

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane and thanks you for stopping by today

      Delete
  2. Very touching, Thanks for sharing your story.
    http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete